Every time we upload a video on YouTube, we need to make lots of updates and changes to the video settings. Like adding monetization to the video, updating description, tags, language etc. However not many people are aware that YouTube has a feature by using which you can save a lot of time by predefining all these settings.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to exploit this awesome feature.
Once you are on YouTube click on creator studio under your channel logo as shown in the picture below.
It will take you to your channel dashboard.
Now from the left hand column under creator studio click on channel and it will open the drop down for you as shown in the picture below.
Now go to upload defaults to predefine all your future video settings. Here on right hand side you can set privacy, category, license, title, description, tags, comments and ratings, monetization etc. let’s try to understand these features one by one.
1. Privacy :- it helps to make your video public, private, unlisted. Public as the name suggests the video is a available publicly to everyone. Private means only you or the person with whom you have shared the video can view it. Unlisted means anyone having access to the unique URL of the video would be able to watch that.
2. Category :- this helps you to select a particular category as per the niche of your video like entertainment, education, music, comedy etc.
3. License :- this helps you to identify whether your video should have standard YouTube license or you want it to be under creative Commons so that other people can reuse it even commercially.
4. Title :- this is self explanatory however it is always imperative to have a good Seo optimized title. You can read my post here on how to come up with and validate your title ideas.
5. Description :- here you can describe what your video is about and can also use this space to share other URLs of your social media accounts, websites, blogs etc. having a good description is also very important for the success of your YouTube channel.
6. Tags :- tags again fall under the SEO strategy for your YouTube channel and helps YouTube to show your videos to relevant viewers.
7. Comments and ratings : – you can enable or disable comments on your videos by using this feature.
8. Ad Formats :- if your YouTube channel is already monetized then you can use this feature to allow or disallow different type of ad formats on your video, which are overlay in– video ads, skippable video ads. Non-Skippable video ads, sponsored cards. You can click on the question mark next to every option to understand more about these.
Then you have several other features like video language, whether to allow viewers to contribute subtitles and closed captions, do you want to make video statistics publicly visible or not etc.