This post might make me the most hated person in Internet Marketing community as I will be revealing secrets which no other self proclaimed Guru will tell you. Either they themselves don’t know this or they don’t want to reveal their secrets. No one in this world is different , we have learned these things over time by reading, taking Action, doing mistakes and then repeating. The only Key is never give Up!. No matter what someone tells you there is no shortcut formula for success. There are tons of Traffic generating Techniques out there both Black Hat and White Hat. Black Hat techniques will work only till the next google Update and then those sites will be gone, one update of google and people will be from $5000 per month to Zero overnight. Yes this is truth and it happened with lot of us during Panda and Penguin updates.
Let me first prove my point. How many times have you seen and read tutorials on using Google Keyword Planner for searching those golden Keywords, but has someone told you that the Keyword it gives are broader match and not the exact ones. There is a small, a very small setting on the left which needs to be changed to come to the exact match keyword and see the real picture. Here , it is
People might be teaching these tricks in their Paid coaching but you will not see anyone revealing these type of small small secrets which can make huge difference to your Keyword research. So next time you doing a keyword research remember to change this to Blue. Hope I have made my point.
This post will be filled with various such nuggets so Please read it thoroughly. This might be the last post you will ever need to become successful in Blogging/Affiliate Marketing/Niche Sites etc
As Gary Vaynerchuk, says – No body gives a F**k about your feelings. You will have to take action, its only you and only you.
A Typical Journey of any Internet Marketer/ Blogger is Adsense –> Affiliate Marketing –> Niche Site –> Paid Ads –> Selling on websites like Flippa or becoming a big E commerce business and for everything you need is targeted Traffic. Without Traffic you are not going anywhere….
Traffic can be drawn by any of the Following Ways SEO (On Page and Off Page, backlinks etc) , Social Media or Paid Advertising (PPC, PPV etc) but what supersedes all of them is Quality content. When it comes to ranking and dominate SERP, Google takes into account 200 Factors. Come on no one in the world can have all those 200 points implemented successfully on their site and you should also never try to do it too much as a lot changes in every update. Have the Guru’s told you that Backlinks do not have that importance in you sites ranking now as it used to be in the past, no they will not because that is what they teach and want people to believe in as their whole business is based on this. Now please do not take this as if Backlinks do not matter at all , Yes they do but 2 Quality and natural backlinks are far better then 10 random of them.
We will talk about Backlinks and SEO later in the post in detail and will also reveal what LSI is , its not long Tail Keywords, its Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords.
Ranking Factors :
Lets first focus on 6 main ranking factors you should consider as of today.
- Do not go for Link Building, rather do not take this too seriously. John Mueller from Google has himself in a latest Hangout emphasized that your more focus now should be on writing great content which can single handedly stand on its own. He has clearly mentioned that link building can actually sometimes become more harmful than beneficial.
- Implied Links are more Powerful and Yes its something serious as Google went ahead and even filed a patent in March, 2014 for this ranking Algorithm. What Implied links mean is that a website mentions your Brand but do not link back to your Domain. See , we do not live in a honest world , there are webmasters out there trying to nail the system through their black hat techniques and hence Google had to do this in the interest of its users.
- Social Media (shares and likes) plays a great role now. More than Google , Bing considers it to be one of the biggest ranking factor. They might not be one of the direct ranking Factors but Social shares and likes do indicate natural engagement which gives them the power to influence search engines indirectly.
- Write for Humans and Not for Machines. User Experience is one of the biggest ranking factor now and how google judges it is by the Bounce rate. Your content should be engaging and well crafted which makes user stick for a longer time. The search engine is smart enough to analyze the time a reader have spent on your website before they decided to hit the back button. If it was 2 – 3 seconds, too bad for you, but 5 or 6 minutes is perceived far , far better.
- Local SEO . Local search has directly or indirectly always been important. The recent improvements in local SEO massively influenced local businesses success. Google Web Search & Google Maps took this seriously and rolled out a new algorithm, Pigeon in 2014.
- Mobile Friendliness is one of the key ranking factor considering the fact that more than 50% users worldwide now surf Internet through Mobile devices. I have a small article on this outlining the whole process of checking if your website is Mobile friendly or Not. Without a Mobile Friendly Website SEO Efforts are Waste.
There is tonnes of information available for SEO online, which is further sub categorized into On Page and Off Page SEO and it becomes too overwhelming for anyone. People think OMG I will have to do so much to succeed online, sorry its not my cup of tea. But it is not like this. As mentioned before you do not have to do it all, nobody can , yes no body fu****g in the world can.
As a thumb of rule just focus on these few small things.
- Have a short URL
- Include keyword in first 3 words of URL.
- Use Keyword in your Title, if it can be the first word , its much better.
- Wrap main heading in H1 and sub headings in H2 Tags.
- Include Keyword in first 100 words of your content.
- Give a description for your images while uploading. Search engines are not human they can’t see it. They identify it by description.
- Sprinkle LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords at 3 – 4 places in the post.
- Check your website Page Load Speed with Google Page Speed Insights Tool.
People will bombard you with too much of information for the sake of being considered a knowledgeable person. But you do not need to do it all and remember Google keeps updating its Algorithms and things keep changing so do not try to be an expert in everything, you never know if the technique will exist tomorrow or not . Just focus on content and user friendliness and as far as on page SEO is considered these are the 8 points stated above all you need to do.
LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords :
I have already mentioned this twice above so before moving forward to the next topic lets discuss this in more detail.
As per Wikipedia : Latent semantic indexing (LSI) is an indexing and retrieval method that uses a mathematical technique called singular value decomposition (SVD) to identify patterns in the relationships between the terms and concepts contained in an unstructured collection of text. LSI is based on the principle that words that are used in the same contexts tend to have similar meanings. A key feature of LSI is its ability to extract the conceptual content of a body of text by establishing associations between those terms that occur in similar contexts.
So in layman terms these are keywords related in meaning to the actual keyword that user searches for on search engines such as Google. In a nutshell, they are keywords that are semantically linked to your main keyword. Google has confirmed that proper usage of LSI keywords, helps in page ranking. There is a great LSI Keyword Generator tool available by name of LSIGraph, which is totally free. Generate Keyword by using this tool and follow their free guide on how to properly use those keywords.
Paid Traffic :
SEO is good for Organic Traffic but if you do not have lot of good content and you want to scale faster then you definitely need to look for alternate ways. After demystifying some of the Myths now lets move to the next and an Important topic and ie: Traffic through Paid channels. Paid Advertising has primarily 2 sub categories PPV (Pay Per View) and PPC (Pay Per Click) (also termed as SEM , CPC etc) .
People are not courageous enough to accept that they have used paid channels for growth as they all want to be labelled as SEO, Link Building Experts who know hidden paths to success for Free. But if that was true then how Online advertisement is such a huge industry, with digital ad spending worldwide hitting $137.53 billion in 2014 which actually accounted for one-quarter of total media spending. Either these people are lying or the Data and you know….. , I believe you got my point.
Paid Traffic if used wisely can bring great results as it can be tracked easily to optimize your campaigns but can also be disastrous if not taken care of properly. Its a rented space and only stays with you till the time you have money, so never start paid traffic with big money, invest maximum $100 to test a new product with paid traffic, you can even start with $20 or even $5.
Must Read: The best example or knowledge about this you can get from people selling Affiliate Products without a site for eg: Clickbank Products. What people who are successful with Clickbank without a site do is they first select a product . There are various factors which go into selecting a Product like Gravity, Recurring Commission, Competition etc and they are beyond the scope of this article but yes this is what they do, and if someone tells you otherwise do not believe him or her. So they choose a product and then go to the paid networks and buy traffic, they invest some $20 in the beginning and track the ROI , if they are able to get 1 or 2 sales, they immediately create a landing page around that product and target visitors to that landing page to collect their emails.
Now you will ask me why landing page immediately?, yes its a great question. Let me explain, in Internet Marketing it is considered as a thumb of rule that on an average only 2% out of total people who click on your Add buy the product, but this doesn’t mean that remaining 98% were not interested, yes they were but might be they were looking for some different specifications. See the actual product is not important here but what matters is what people want, what are their needs. So If we would have not created a landing page we would have lost remaining 98% Visitors. Now since we have their email Id and we know they are looking for something we are promoting , so we can search for few alternative products in same niche and up sell it to them through followup mails. And we can keep doing this whole life again and again without any extra cost. Hope you got my point here.
Now back to the main Topic , let me explain these to you in very basic terms.
PPVs are billed at a flat rate per 1,000 or 5000 or 10000 “impressions”. An impression is a measure of the number of times an ad is displayed or has left an impression on a user, regardless if it was actually clicked on or not. So you are not charged any additional amount if it was clicked.
PPC or CPC does exactly what it says , means you are billed only when someone clicks on them. This means that you don’t pay if nobody sees your ads, and even when they do see your ad, you don’t pay unless they actually click on it. These ads are primarily shown in text form, sometimes with a smaller image if you go for image+text ads. But there is a catch as far as your cost per click s concerned , it can go up and down depending upon competitiveness and quality of your Ads. It generally decreases when more and more people click on your ads. There are various other factors for eg: in case of Facebook Ads if you do not adhere to your character limit , you end up paying extra and again no guru will tell you this. There are other models in Paid marketing like CPA, Revshare etc and no matter what model you choose there are only 2 factors you need to consider :-
- Start Small.
- Track and Optimize Daily.
So now you know when you see those Fake Gurus what you need to do.
Let me know your thoughts below and if you
the article please do