Affiliate marketing in layman terms is simply defined as earning money as commission by selling other people’s products. It may sound very simple that you do not need to worry about product creation, customer support etc and can just simply earn by redirecting people to the main product website through your affiliate links. Then why you think that only a very small percentage of Affiliate Marketers are able to convert this into a full-time business and have an yearly income of maybe $100.000?
There are several reasons behind this. Firstly the very basic reason is that people try to sell almost each and everything available online thinking the more they advertise the more commission they will earn. However it does not work like this in the world of affiliate marketing. It is not easy to persuade anyone to spend money.
You need to understand that why only very few bloggers are successful is because they have a loyal following. People follow them because they like their content and find meaningful and actionable information in their blog. If you would like to build an authority than you should sell only good products which you have tried and tested your selves first. It’s a thumb rule that you should never sell more than 10 products on your website. Even if your products are higher in cost but they contain quality and can give good results to the subscribers then you should surely promote it.
It is important to have the analytics as to how many clicks did a certain product on your post had. What is the ratio of clicks to sales for any product you have advertise on your blog. This information will help you to plan a marketing strategy for your online business.
Credibility is everything my friend.
Here I would like to give you some points that how you can become successful in affiliate marketing.
- First impression is everything. Giving a good first impression through your website design, layout and content can definitely do wonders for you.
- Never ever copy anyones else content.
- Always keep your blog post relevant and keep updating the older ones with latest advancements.
- Never try to sell the product but actually show and educate on its features and benefits.
- Always share your personal experience and success you had with that product.
- Never sell too many products or else you will lose your credibility and loyalty among your subscribers.
- Always try to focus on few high commission products with best quality.
- Always keep track of links that result in actual sales.
- Always be interactive and keep an honest relationship with your readers.
- Always disclose that you are using an affiliate link, people will value your honesty.